Office Location: Don Beaver Science Building, Fourth Floor, Room 427
Office Number: (405) 717-6269
- Doctoral work in progress – Ph.D. in Counseling Psychology – University of Oklahoma, Norman, Oklahoma, 2014-present.
- M.S. – Counseling Psychology, Southern Nazarene University, Bethany, Oklahoma, 2010-2011.
- M.A. – Curriculum and Instruction, Southern Nazarene University, Bethany, Oklahoma, 1998-1999.
- B.S. – Organizational Communications, Southern Nazarene University, Bethany, Oklahoma, 1994-1998.
- Licensed Professional Counselor, State of Oklahoma
Scott Secor became Assistant Director of the Graduate Program in Counseling in 2012, but began teaching at SNU in 2010. Prior to joining the Department of Psychology and Counseling, Scott completed two master’s degree: one in counseling psychology and the other in curriculum and instruction. Scott is a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) in the State of Oklahoma after completing his candidacy at Renew Counseling Center. As an intern, Scott did his practicum at Life Counseling Center. Currently, Scott is enrolled at the University of Oklahoma working on his Ph.D. in Counseling Psychology. In his free time, Scott enjoys swimming and hanging out with his wife and daughter. Scott is also a rabid Purdue basketball fan. He and his wife, Brooke, live in Oklahoma City with their daughter Rylee.
Scott’s research interests include resiliency to trauma and how relationships interact to promote and predict resiliency, along with studying communication patterns in couples and how couples can promote healthier and more authentic communication with each other. Scott is also currently working on research in sexual assault and how to prevent growing rates of sexual assault on college campuses. Scott practices from a relational psychoanalytic perspective and works with adult and adolescent individuals and couples. Scott completed his thesis on Relational Predictors of Resiliency Following Trauma, which finished 1st at the Oklahoma Psychological Societies annual graduate competition. He also presented his thesis at the Society for Personality and Social Psychology’s annual national conference in San Diego.
- PSY 5333- Introduction to Counseling
- PSY 6196 – Internship
- PSY1113 – General Psychology I
- PSY1131 – General Psychology Laboratory
- PSY 4263 – Techniques of Counseling