Office Location: Don Beaver Science Building, Fourth Floor, Room 425
Office Number: (405) 491-6374
- PhD – Counseling Psychology, University of Oklahoma, Norman, OK, August 2009 – December 2013.
- Certificate — Interdisciplinary Training Program in Child Abuse and Neglect, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Program, Oklahoma City, OK, August 2011 – May 2012
- MS – Counseling Psychology, Southern Nazarene University, Bethany, OK, September 2001 – December 2003
- BS – Chemistry, Southern Nazarene University, Bethany, Oklahoma, August 1995 – May 2000.
Dr. Scott Drabenstot joined the faculty of SNU in Fall 2013. Scott completed his pre-doctoral internship with the Northeastern Oklahoma Pre-doctoral Internship in Psychology (NOPIP) at the Indian Health Care Resource Center in Tulsa, OK and his doctoral training at University of Oklahoma. Prior to completing his doctoral program he worked as a Licensed Professional Counselor in community mental health agencies in the Oklahoma City metro area. Scott enjoys playing trumpet, being outdoors, and spending time with his family. Scott and his wife, Kym, live in Mustang with their three children.
Scott’s research interests include the biopsychology of mental illness, child and family psychology, and positive psychology.child development, and positive psychology.
- PSY5113 – Child and Adolescent Psychopathology
- PSY6363 – Advanced Clinical Play Therapy
- PSY-1113 – General Psychology I
- PSY-2173 – Developmental Psychology across the Lifespan
- STAT-3143 — Introduction to Statistical Methods
- PSY-3153 — Research Design
- PSY-3174 – Biological Psychology
- EDPY-2012 — Career and Life planning
- UCOL-1022 — Abnormal Psychology in Film
- UCOL-1002 — Gateway to College Learning
- UCOL-2002 — Strategies for Success
Current Scholarship and Service
Scott Drabenstot shares his love of research by serving as a McNair Scholar faculty mentor, and overseeing both undergraduate and graduate theses. He recently contributed to a book chapter that should be published next year. He also serves as a member of the Oklahoma County Indian Child Welfare Act Post-Adjudication Review Board (ICWA-PARB).