The Master of Arts in Educational Leadership (MAEL) Program is designed for educators – teachers, counselors, coaches – who want the knowledge and degree necessary to become principals and superintendents. Learn from instructors who are currently working and leading in public education in Oklahoma. Courses such as School Law, School Finance, Community & Culture and Leadership will give you the knowledge and practical experience you need to prepare for your certification tests and to become a school administrator.
For more information contact 405.491.6346 or email@example.com.
- 62 Wednesday nights of class on a set, pre-determined cohort calendar, 6-10pm
- All-inclusive administration 36 credit hour program; Elementary, Mid-level, Secondary and Superintendent included
- Optional technology package with training, includes: iPad, iPhone, Macbook Air, external hard drive, DSLR Camera, Printer, Bose Speakers, Apple TV, Hotspot
- Qualifies for Stafford Loan Forgiveness program for Teachers up to $17,500. Your degree could be “free” based on your current assignment
- SNU Scholarships Available
SPECIFIC ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
The requirements for admission to the MAEL program are as follows:
1. MAEL Program Requirements
- Hold a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college or university
- Two (2) years of teaching experience or approval from the MAEL Director based on experience in an education field or plans for your professional future in an educational field
- Recommendations from three sources
- Completion of the student profile form (including essay)
- If your undergraduate cumulative GPA is below 3.0, the Miller Analogies Test (MAT) is required. It may be taken at any university testing center. The S.N.U. Testing Center (405.491.6323) gives the test by appointment for only $65.00. Please arrange the appointment a minimum of three (3) weeks in advance.
2. Graduate College Requirements
Completed application form along with a one-time, non-refundable APPLICATION FEE of $35.00
Transcripts documenting coursework from all colleges and universities attended mailed to SNU. (SNU graduates need not request the SNU transcript.)